Looking for ways to have fun while pregnant? Here are a few suggestions:
- Form a “walking club.” Walking is a great way to exercise and is also a stress reducer. It’s also a good way to bond with other pregnant moms.
- Learn how to knit and crochet. As you may or may not know, baby clothes can be very expensive and knitting or crocheting your baby’s outfits are a great way to save money.
- Does your baby like music? Many of my patients state that their baby moves faster when certain types of music is played. Does the baby like Soft Rock? Smooth Jazz? Hip-Hop? Country Western? Experiment with music and see how your baby responds.
- Yoga for pregnant women. Yoga is a great way to reduce stress, stretch and keep the body limber.
- Take time progressive photos of your pregnant belly. Takes pictures of your belly every month or even a video and send it to your friends and family who might not be able to see you during your pregnancy. It’s a great way to keep them engaged and informed.
- Don’t ask about the gender when having an ultrasound. Let it be a surprise at birth. Believe it or not, this is how things were done prior to the development of ultrasounds.
- Form a “baby weight pool.” Have friends and family guess the weight of the baby and give the prize money to your favorite charity.
- Is this your first pregnancy? Be a volunteer in a hospital nursery. Many nurseries need volunteers to feed babies, especially when their parents are not available. Volunteering in a nursery will give you first-hand exposure of what your baby will experience during its first days of life.
- Join a pregnancy support group and exchange ideas (nursery decorations, food plans, etc)
- Start your own You Tube® channel. You can use it as a video journal to publish your thoughts and experiences of being pregnant.
Pregnancy is a sacred journey. Make it memorable. Make it fun. What are some things that you do to make your pregnancy more fun?