One of the things I love about blogging is the great people that I meet and the collaboration and passion that we share. Today, I’d like to introduce you to my guest blogger, Diane M. Daniels, The Diva Style Coach. She has some fabulous information for pregnant women who want to remain “fabulously attractive” during their pregnancy. Enjoy!!
You can love who and what you see in the mirror all the way through your pregnancy. Try these simple, yet effective ways to help you feel more beautiful inside and out.
Practice empowering and encouraging self-talk. Put a positive spin on all the new things you’re experiencing. Let your growing tummy remind you of the joys of motherhood. Focus on your best physical features, whether it’s your eyes or your new bust line.
- Welcome support from your loved ones. Accept compliments graciously when your partner or other loved ones tell you that you’re glowing. Surround yourself with family and friends who make you feel good.
- Remember that the weight gain is temporary. Take comfort in knowing that you’ll soon return to your usual size. Post-pregnancy weight loss will be even easier if you work with your doctor to stick to sensible eating and exercise habits. This usually means gaining about 25 to 35 pounds over 9 months.
Buy a variety of flattering maternity clothes. Attractive and comfortable outfits will make pregnancy more pleasant. There are many options that’ll show off your curves without highlighting your abdomen. Look for tie-backs and side shirring on tops. Wrap-around dresses and empire waists are also good choices. Remember to incorporate your favorite colors – the ones that make you feel good and help you love who and what you see in the mirror!
- Stretch your wardrobe budget. Shop for styles that will work for all three trimesters. Stomach panels and stretchy fabrics like spandex will expand along with you. Get separates that you can accessorize for both casual and more formal occasions. Use Capsule Wardrobe principles to help you choose pieces that will mix-and-match easily – 10 pieces in 3 different colors can provide you with 20 outfits or more!
- Select the right bras. Most women gain a cup size or more. Get professional fittings to ensure adequate support and to make your clothes look their best. If you need additional support, look for stores that carry larger cup sizes or that can order the size you need. You may want to start wearing your nursing bra during your last trimester.
- Check your shoe size. Even your feet get bigger during pregnancy. Protect your health and look more graceful by getting shoes that fit. Wedges or chunky heels can give you extra height without throwing off your balance. Focus on comfort first, and then go for simple and classic exteriors that won’t draw attention to your feet.
Style your hair. Your hair may grow thicker and more lustrous during pregnancy thanks to changing hormones and prenatal vitamins. Consider wearing it long and wavy to complement your fuller figure. Side-swept bangs, layers, and highlights also help to slim your face. Choose simple hair accessories that will bring the focus to your beautiful face, but not overwhelm your features.
- Change your eyeglass frames. If your face gets rounder, you can use eyeglass frames to create the illusion of angles and greater length. Experiment with rectangular shapes and skinny rims, and consider eyeglasses with lenses that change in bright sunlight to avoid having to carry multiple pairs.
- Minimize sun exposure. Your skin becomes more sensitive to the sun during pregnancy. Avoid premature aging by wearing protective clothing and using sunscreens with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. Remember to apply sunscreen every day – and lean toward moisturizing lotions to take care of your skin all over.
- Treat acne breakouts. Acne is common in expectant mothers. Talk with your doctor about safe treatments. Consult your doctor with safety questions about any health and beauty products you use while you’re expecting.
- Banish dark under-eye circles. Some women find that the skin under their eyes appears darker during pregnancy. You can minimize this by getting plenty of sleep. Putting cucumber slices over your eyes also helps. If circles persist, use concealer in a shade close to your skin tone and blend it well. Avoid using mascara and eyeliner on your lower lashes.
- Play up your nails. You may be one of the lucky women whose nails start growing faster and stronger. In any case, you can draw attention to your pretty hands by treating yourself to a manicure. Just use phthalate-free nail polish and apply it in a room that’s well ventilated.
Pregnancy is an incredible experience! Take good care of your baby and celebrate your changing body.
Author bio: Dianne M. Daniels, The DivaStyle Coach, is an irrationally passionate coach, consultant and speaker whose heart’s desire is to help women realize and manifest their most Dynamic, Intriguing, Vivacious and Audacious self – their DIVA – and walk fully into their potential and live their life DivaStyle! You can find her online at http://thedivastylecoach.com, on Facebook as The DivaStyle Coach, and on Twitter as DivaStyleCoach.